Friday 30 August 2024

I'm Trying to Create the Most Beautiful Books. I Need Your Help!


It's been a while since I wrote anything on my website. A LONG while. So this is long overdue! As many of you know, I did a Kickstarter campaign a while ago with the goal of creating a fancy collector's edition of Fatemarked (just book 1). Many of you supported it, in fact, for which I'll always be grateful. And it's a nice book. Really nice. But not nice enough. Not even close. I can do better, MUCH better. That's why I've decided to scrap the old collector's edition and create an entire boxed set collector's edition. (***For those who supported the previous version and are now getting annoyed that you won't be able to get the rest of the sequels to match, bear with me, because I'm going to take care of you, promise! You will be getting a HUGE discount if you support the boxed set so you won't have to "pay twice".***)

TAKE ME TO THE KICKSTARTER PRE-LAUNCH PAGE

As the above graphic promises, these beautiful faux-leather hardbacks will each come in a different eye-catching color, with brand-new artwork on each cover as well as a fancy slipcase to house them. But that's only the beginning of what will make this boxed set so special. Inside, there will be a new color map endsheet by Kellerica cartography, and no fewer than TWENTY color illustrations depicting scenes from the series (art by Joe Requeza and Andrew Maleski). In fact, I've already commissioned six of the pieces, and have scheduled to have the rest of the artwork created as soon as the Kickstarter meets its funding goals (the campaign will have a five-figure art budget!). Additionally, the books will have gorgeous new interior formatting by Damonza with all new chapter headers. The binding will be smith-sewn and the books will be printed on acid-free paper, with ALL BOOKS hand-signed by me. My personal favorite new feature, however, will be the "hidden" artwork on the edges of the pages (wait until you see this, it's SO FREAKING COOL). All of these features will be STANDARD for all backers of the boxed set. And if we happen to meet some of our stretch goals...

MOAR ART! Between 10 and 20 more pieces of art will be commissioned depending on how many of our stretch goals we hit. I'm really hoping we get to 40 pieces of art, which would be the coolest thing ever (in my humble opinion). There will also be some other really cool stretch goal bonuses as well. You know, just because. 

Long story short, if you're a fan of Fatemarked, this is your chance to get it in a collector's edition format that will beautify your bookshelves for years to come. Plus, if this campaign is successful, I plan to create similar deluxe boxed sets for Kingfall and my soon-to-be-released Forsworn series. 

Now, just for fun, scroll down a little further for a sneak peek at one of the new pieces of art, depicting Roan's harrowing escape from Dragon's Breath (art by Joe Requeza)! 

If you like what you see, click the link and sign up to be notified of updates from the campaign (i.e. the official launch, new artwork, stretch goals, etc.). Thanks for all your support, my friends, none of this would be possible without YOU!

CHECK OUT THE KICKSTARTER PRELAUNCH PAGE

David


How the art will look in the printed books:


No comments:

Post a Comment