Friday 6 December 2013

The Best Gift Ever

Adele and I just received the Best Gift Ever from some of my most loyal readers, all of whom I consider to be my friends. A group of 26 people pitched  in to NAME A STAR for us! I'm not kidding--it's a real star! And the name they gave it is.........

David's Adele
 
How beautiful is that? And so fitting, too, because Adele is my one true love, my inspiration, and my soul mate. Without her, all the books I write are meaningless. Without her, life is just an empty shell of a thing.
 
Here's a link to the original blog post announcing the gift, many of the words written in it made us very emotional :) BLOG POST
 
Here's a photo of the certificate from the International Star Registry:
 
 
And here's the location of the star, near the constellation Orion:
 
 
 
Finally, here are some incredibly sweet messages from a few of the friends who did this for us:
 
Message from Karen:

David and Adele, I hope you know how much your friendship means to me...! To all of us, actually! Every time you look up at the stars, and you happen to gaze over towards Orion's belt, KNOW... Know that you are loved by each other... and by all of us! Thank you for everything you have given to us! You. Are. Our. Star!
Message from Jenny:
 
David and Adele, I feel so blessed to have you both as friends in my life!  You are both amazing people, and this is just a small token to let you know how much all of us love you!  Keep on shining!

Message from Tessa:

Hi David and Adele! It would be awesome if you guys lived in Hawaii!  If I visited you, we could go surfing together and look for your star at night!  Toodles!

Message from Dre:
Those messages and the gift of a star named after us meant the absolute world to Adele and I!!  It lifted our spirits and made us cry tears of happiness. We are lucky to know all of you, and believe the world is a better place simply because you all are in it! So THANK YOU to Jenny, Karen, Dre, Cheer, Alana, Nelly, Terri, Kelly, Lola, Rachel, Meaghan, Michael, Jen, Brooke, Linn, Tana, Jeann, Ruby, Think, Tracy, Redfox, Kayleigh, Dnicole, Madison, Gretchen, and Martha!!! You gave us the Best Gift Ever!
 
Love always,
David & Adele
 

20 comments:

  1. You are so very welcome! An honor to know you and give you both this gift. I loved this idea right from the very start! I'm so glad you two like it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not "like it"...LOVE IT! So amazing of you :) We'll always have this!

      Delete
  2. When I learned of this idea, I had to pitch in and give the star a name! Glad you and Adele love our gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're incredibly generous and it really means the world to me!!! Thanks for the gift and your friendship :)

      Delete
  3. Awww I'm so it made you two so happy :) This was a fabulous idea, and I'm so glad we were able to pull it all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO HAPPY! Thank you for making it all happen, it put the biggest smile on our faces :)

      Delete
  4. What a neat thing to do! I wish you two many, many years of happy star gazing. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? So creative!! Thank you so much, we'll never look at the stars the same!

      Delete
  5. Do you remember an interview you did with one of us that may have asked you about a favorite constellation? Yup, we've been working on this since WAY back then. And the name took us the longest. It had to be just right!

    So happy that you and Adele love your surprise! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about that, but yes, I remember! You clever people, my gosh, that was ages ago! Well, the name is PERFECT! Adele was tearing up the whole time she was reading it, and I'm a big tough guy and don't cry so.... (I'm lying, I was tearing up even more)

      Delete
    2. HAHA!! Yup this took a long time and a lot of coordination to pull off, but so worth it!!
      The name was the hardest part!

      Delete
    3. That makes it all the more amazing and special to me :) All the whole you were helping me on about a zillion projects too!

      Delete
    4. We are going to take over the world one of these days :)

      Delete
    5. Yes, Jenny, we are slowly taking over the world!

      Delete
  6. Such a wonderful and inspiring gift! You guys are genius masterminds :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you love it David :) It won't be long until everyone realises that you shine brighter than any star. We're all so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww you made my heart smile! As long as I make you all proud, I'll be content :)

      Delete
    2. Well said, Kelly! We are so proud of our David :)

      Delete